- Proper Plaid Pants
- Winter Beach Blues
- Always Learning
- Cherries in the Snow
- Slushy Sunday
- Birthday Outing, part 2
- Blustery in Blue
- 12 Days of Christmas Carols, Day 12
- 12 Days of Christmas Carols, Day 11
- 12 Days of Christmas Carols, Day 10
- 12 Days of Christmas Carols, Day 9
- Stars and Evergreen
- 12 Days of Christmas Carols, Day 8
- 12 Days of Carols, Day 7
- 12 Days of Carols, Day 6
- 12 Days of Christmas Carols, Day 5
- The "White Christmas" Skirt Suit
- 12 Days of Christmas Carols, Day 4
- 12 Days of Christmas Carols, Day 3
- 12 Days of Christmas Carols, Day 2
- 12 Days of Christmas Carols, Day 1
- Joyfully Pink
- Half a Suit & Leopard Print
- "...And sables might add to my charms."
- Last of the Leaves
- And now for a little Seasonal Materialism...
- Capital Decades '40s Fashion Show
- Catch up for the week
- NOTD: Pastel Pink and Gaudy Sparkles
- Week 52.3: Polka Dots & a Peasant Blouse
- Week 52.2: Pretty in Pink
- From the Family Archives, 1920s Edition
- Week 52.1: Basic Black
- Week 51.3: Red & Rick-Rack
- Week 51.2: A New Hat for Church
- Week 51.1: Windy Wednesday
- Week 50.3: New Accessories
- Week 50.2: Me & My Middy
- Week 50.1: Odds and Ends
- Week 49.3: Summer Sewing
- NOTD: Purple Houndstooth
- Week 49.2: A Trip to the Train Museum!
- Week 49.1: Another Day, Another (New-To-Me) Dress
- Week 48.3: Pink & Grey
- Week 48.2: Sleeve Additions
- NOTD: Paisley Gradient
- Week 48.1: Ruffles and Lace and Pink
- NOTD: Green & Blue Gradient
- Week 47.3: Concert Black
- NOTD: Golden Gradient with Swirled Stamping
- Week 47.2: Working
- NOTD: Orange and Grey
- Week 47.1: Easter Dress
- Week 46.3: Unseasonable Orange
- Week 46.2: Flower Colors
- NOTD: Lights of the Emerald City
- Week 46.1: Purple Platforms
- NOTD: Mango & Polka Dots
- Week 45.3: Spring-ing
- NOTD: Argos
- Week 45.2: Grey and Rainy
- NOTD: Water Spotted Fail
- The Google Reader-Pocalypse
- Week 45.1: Irish For A Day
- Week 44.3: An Expo Expedition
- NOTD: Belated Butter London Gradient
- Week 44.2: Going Places
- Week 44.1: Teal & Black
- Week 43.3: A New Dress Day!
- NOTD: Silver Swirls & Sparkle Gradient
- Week 43.2: Springtime colors
- Week 43.1: Liturgical Colors
- NOTD: Gold Brocade Swirlies
- Week 42: Under the Weather
- Week 38.1: A Twist on Teal
- Week 37.3: Pink & Pearls
- Week 37.2: Theater Clothes
- NOTD: Icy blue
- Week 37.1: Grey
- NOTD: So you want a Revvvolution
- How To: Glitter Soled Pumps
- Week 36.3: Belated Birding
- Week 36.2: Outlandish, like a proper fashion blogger
- Week 36.1: Think Mink
- Week 35.3: Belated Birthday Presents
- NOTD: Game Day Nails!
- NOTD: Pink Lightning
- Week 35.2: Black & Blue-ish
- Week 35.1: Unseasonably green
- NOTD: Abstract Gold Stamping
- Week 34.3: Excursioning
- NOTD: Eureka! A Stamping Gold
- Week 34.2: The Annual New Year's Hike
- Week 34.1: A New Year!
- Week 33.3: Social Calls
- NOTD: Silver Snowflakes
- Week 33.2: A Christmas Extention
- NOTD: Holiday Half-moons
- Week 33.1: Merry Christmas Eve!
- Week 32.3: Early Mornings
- Week 32.2: Wearing my heart (brooch) on my sleeve
- Week 32.1: A Mall Outing
- Week 31.3: Gaudete pink
- Week 31.2: Sweater Weather
- Now We Are Two! (and a glittery manicure)
- Week 31.1: Walking
- NOTD: Sparkle Aplenty
- Week 30.2: Pretty Pajamas
- Week 30.3: Black & Tan
- NOTD: Purple Tapestry, take 2
- Week 30.1: Under the weather
- NOTD: Tiffany Blue
- Week 29.3: Stage Fright
- Week 29.2: Seasonal Foliage
- Week 29.1: Trees & Tinsel
- NOTD: Green with Silver Glequins
- Week 28.3: Post-Thanksgiving Crash!
- Week 28.2: Favorite coat & a new hat!
- Week 28.1: Casual clothes for housework & errands
- NOTD: Vampy Red Stamping
- Week 27.3: New Blue Gloves
- Week 27.2: Afternoon Coffee
- Week 27.1: A Birding Expotition
- NOTD: Green & Purple
- Week 26.3: Navy & a hat
- NOTD: Musical Nails
- Week 26.2: Halfway there! & a belated Wednesday weigh-in
- NOTD: Subtle Swirly Flowers
- Week 26.1: Election Day (part 2)
- Have you voted yet?
- I won something!
- Week 25.3: My last-minute Halloween costume
- Week 25.2: A Pumpkining Excursion
- Week 25.1: Black & Orange
- Week 24.3: Orange for fall
- Week 24.2: Hot pink & seamed stockings
- NOTD: Jack o' Lanterns (with bonus pumpkin cheesecake smoothie recipe!)
- Nine Ways to wear a Navy Skirt
- Week 24.1: Rain, rain, won't you stay?
- NOTD: Witchy Stripes
- Week 23.3: A Study in Beret
- NOTD: Haunted Houses
- Week 23.2: Test-driving a hat
- NOTD: Going batty!
- Week 23.1: Breaking the Dress Code
- NOTD: Pumpkin-y
- Week 22.3: Red & Rick-Rack
- NOTD: Spooky Spiderwebs
- Week 22.1 & .2: A Mini (& Minnie) Vacation
- NOTD: Boo-berry Jelly Sandwich
- Week 21.3: Black & White & Red all over
- Week 21.2: Fall is for Plaids
- NOTD: Polar Opposites Swatch
- Week 21.1: A Re-Engagement Date
- Week 20.3: Black & White
- Week 20.2: Today is Teal
- Week 20.1: A Green Suit
- NOTD: Fall Duochrome
- Week 19.3: Not my usual decade...
- NOTD: Atomic Orange Sparkles
- Week 19.2: Weigh-in Whining & Pencil Skirts
- NOTD: Bike Helmet-Inspired Chevrons
- Week 19.1: Purple & Grey
- NOTD: Seaweed Sparkles
- Week 18.3: Performances abound!
- Week 18.2: A Day for New Beginnings
- Week 18.1: Yellow Plaid for Summer
- NOTD: Copper Cougar
- Week 17.3: Doug's Senior Recital!
- Week 17.1 & 17.2: In which I am STILL not losing weight.
- NOTD: Golden Glitter Gradient
- Week 16.3: The Annual End-Of-Summer Hike
- Week 16.1 & 16.2
- The week in brief: NOTD & outfits 15.2 & 15.3
- Week 15.1: An Unfortunate Diversion
- NOTD: Shattered Lavender Gradient
- Week 14.2 & .3: Getting back on the bandwagon
- NOTD: Housepaint Nails
- NOTD: Rare & Radiant, stamped!
- Week 14.1: Wednesday Weigh-in
- Week 13: Procrastination overview edition!
- NOTD: Experiments in Duochrome Stamping
- Week 12.2 & .3: Channeling the '60s
- Week 12.1: Three months down!
- NOTD: Nebula Nails
- Week 11.3: Purple Polkadots
- Week 11.2: Griping in a Grey Dress
- NOTD: Nails for the Games!
- Week 11.1: An announcement & a photoshoot
- NOTD: Subtle Nude Stamping
- Week 10.3: A Day at the Fair, a Night at the Opera
- Week 10.2: Rainbow plaid & some progress, finally!
- NOTD: Pastel Purple Zebra
- Week 10.1: Bumblebee skirt & Beehive hair
- Week 9.3: More Clothes for Lazy Days
- NOTD: Sunny yellow
- Week 9.2: Gloves for Summer
- Week 9.1: Muumuu weather
- NOTD: Mer-maid for Each Other swatch
- Week 8.3: Pink & Green
- Week 8.2: 4th of July outfit & weigh-in
- NOTD: Sparkles for the 4th
- Week 8.1: Return of the Red Dress
- NOTD: Blue & White Flowers
- Week 7.3: Beach wrap-up and exercise
- NOTD: Ocean Flowers
- Week 7.2: Beautiful days at the beach
- Week 7.1: A new sundress at the beach
- Plans for a new summer dress
- Week 6.3: A fancy dress for a sushi date
- NOTD: Hawaiian print for the beach!
- Week 6.2: Wednesday's outfit & weigh-in
- Week 6.1: 80s-does-40s floral fun
- NOTD: Copycat Stained Glass Nails
- Recent goodies of the non-nail variety
- Week 5.3: Painting
- NOTD: Cruisin', fully clothed
- Week 5.2: A Funny Hat & A Decided Lack of Progress
- NOTD: Cult Nails Iconic
- Week 5.1: An over-the-top outfit & the One that Got Away
- NOTD: Vera Bradley-inspired daisies
- Week 4.3: A Detour for Dinosaurs
- Week 4.2: Travel and curls
- NOTD: Royal & Gold
- Week 4.1: On the road again!
- Week 3.3: Biking gear
- NOTD: June Beetle-esque (Ivanka)
- Week 3.2: Green petticoats & a lack of fish
- NOTD: Milani Digital
- Week 3.1: Yellow for vacation
- NOTD: Coral Stone
- From the Vault: China Glaze Ruby Pumps
- Week 2.3: Rushmore
- Week 2.2: Grand Tetons & Yellowstone
- Week 2.1: On the Road!
- NOTD: In anticipation of fishing
- Week 1.3 - Workout clothes & cleaning day
- Week 1.2: Wednesday weigh-in and a bracelet of mysterious origin
- NOTD: Watery Blue Gradient
- NOTD: A Gradient of a Different Color
- Changes around the blog & a personal challenge
- NOTD: Gradient Green
- Works For Me Wednesday: Vintage Sewing Patterns
- NOTD: Copycat Tiger Stripes
- NOTD: Rainbow snakeskin
- Works for Me Wednesday: Not Procrastinating
- NOTD: Rainy silver stamping
- NOTD: Something Orange
- Works for Me Wednesday: Nail polish swatches
- NOTD: Freehand daisies
- NOTD: Leafy Green Stamping
- How To: Nail polish cleanup
- China Glaze Ray-Diant
- Easter nails & how I wore them
- Blogger's first Bakelite
- Neon nails & navy skirts
- Nail mail & a recipe!
- From the vault: Purple holo
- NOTD: Gym clothes inspired
- NOLW (Nails of Last Week)
- NOTD & an outfit, for love of spring and primary colors
- NOTD: Belated St. Patty's Day greens
- From the Vault: Subtle Geekiness
- Senior Recital
- Guest post at Pretty Digits
- Decisions, decisions...
- NOTD: Pink Stamping
- Guest Nails: A good stamping red!
- NOTD: Revlon Royal
Mar 26, 2017
I swear I don’t know where the time has gone this year. I think “Oh, surely I just posted a few days ago, I’ll have another post up soon”, and then the month is only over and I’ve only posted once. Quite the mystery.
Anyway, continuing to work through the photo backlog not entirely in chronological order! I thought this would be a good outfit to share today as I’m planning on wearing the same hat to my church gig this morning!
The church I work at now doesn’t go the full nine yards with all the pageantry, but for special liturgical seasons I like to make an effort to have my hat match the vestments, just for fun. Mostly this means I wear purple during Lent and Advent and try to remember to get out my red hat for Pentecost. Now, there are two Sundays a year where the purple can optionally be pink (ahem, rose) and although most churches don’t have the vestments for it, I can at least wear a pink hat!
Anyway, today is one of those such Sundays (Laetare Sunday, named for the first word of the introit in the chant) and so I will be wearing this hat.
Mar 13, 2017
Hi guys! I… um… it’s been a while? I wrote this post a bit back and then got distracted by things like being sick, work, and getting a new video game that caused my computer monitor to be abducted for the cause… so assume all times and dates in this post are a week or two old!
I worked from home all last week thanks to the very complicated process of moving from a desk on the 4th floor to a desk on the 3rd floor, and I figured this would be a good time pt continue with my series of outfits that match my collection of “You Are Here” mugs!
Today’s mug is my Niagara Falls mug, which I picked up (naturally) in Niagara falls on a road trip to Wisconsin. I’ve only gotten to see the falls from the American side, so someday I would love to cross over and have a look from the Canadian side… I’m sure the view is spectacular!
At present, though, I don’t have much in the way of spectacular views. Just cold weather (again), the last of the melting snow, and a nice cup of tea.
Feb 26, 2017
One thing I do like about overcast days with snow-covered ground is that it makes excellent light for photography. Bright, soft, even light, no dark shadows to be found! It’s hard to get light that nice on a bright sunny day.
Today’s outfit is brought to you mostly by me wanting an excuse to wear this hat. I’ve been looking for an orange hat for a while (I like having all the colors, even if they aren’t all good colors for me…) and Doug was so taken with this absolutely absurd orange feathered creation that he got it for me for Christmas. I know, he’s a good guy… supports my hobbies and enables my hat habit.
I was having a hard time figuring out what to pair an orange hat with and then I realized that my novelty print felt spaceship dress had the perfect matching bright orange. Obnoxiously bright colors for the dull weather we’re having, warm and cozy felt to ward off the cold, and covered in spaceships to match thematically with NASA’s exoplanet announcement… clearly, a perfect combination.
Feb 23, 2017
I’m starting to think that the snow storm last week was the last hurrah of winter, and things are starting to turn towards spring. Of course, since I always seem to take pictures faster than I can post them, I’ll have to shuffle my pictures out of order a bit so that I can get all the ones that have snow in them out of the way first.
For example, these pictures were actually taken the looks at timestamp on pictures gosh, the 12th? Apparently I’m further behind on posting than I thought… honestly, I was sure I had chatted with you all just last week (which is true!) but anyway.
These pictures were taken two Sundays ago when we stopped at Minuteman on our way home for the sole purpose of frolicking in the snow and taking a few pictures to document the magical winter weather.
I picked my clothes 100% for coziness factor and 0% for photographability… apparently black on black doesn’t photograph well in the snow, whoda thunk. However, I do not regret my choices.
Feb 15, 2017
I don’t have any actual Valentine’s Day pictures for you, because on Actual Valentine’s Day I was mostly feeling sorry for myself and wearing a full-body sweater as I tried to avoid coming in contact with more people than necessary. Yes, in true winter form I am sick and busy being a large baby about it and napping as much as possible.
Fortunately, I took some Valentine’s-y pictures earlier this month. I’m miffed that most of them turned out a bit blurry, but it was my first go at taking pictures with my new mini tripod so I suppose I can’t really expect perfection.